Delray Beach Truck Accidents Lawyer
Large truck accidents happen far too frequently in and around Delray Beach, Florida. Whether you are traveling at high speeds on I-95 or doing routine driving on the A1A, a serious truck accident can happen without warning. Given that large trucks can weigh as much as 20 or 30 times more than a standard passenger vehicle, car occupants, as well as motorcyclists and pedestrians, who are involved in truck crashes often sustain serious and fatal injuries. At Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, we know how devastating a trucking collision can be, and we want to help you seek compensation for your losses. Whether you or a loved one sustained injuries in a crash, you should reach out to a Delray Beach truck accident lawyer at our firm to learn more about how we can assist you.
Learning More About Truck Accidents in Delray Beach
Truck accidents often involve semi-trucks or 18-wheelers, and these crashes can be deadly. The following facts and figures come from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI):
- Truck accidents resulted in a total of 4,136 fatalities in 2018;
- About 16 percent of all truck accident deaths affect truck drivers, while around 67 percent of the fatalities are attributed to occupants of smaller passenger vehicles;
- Pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists account for approximately 15 percent of all large truck fatalities;
- Fatal large truck crashes rose by more than 30 percent from 2009 to 2018;
- Total rate of people who died in large truck accidents increased by 51 percent between 2009 and 2018;
- More than 50 percent of large truck crashes and fatalities occur on major roads other than interstates or freeways, while about one-third of all reported large truck deaths occur on interstates like I-95; and
- Majority of truck crashes and deaths occur on weekdays, as opposed to weekends.
Timeline for Delray Beach Truck Accident Lawsuits
If you were seriously injured in a truck crash and want to file a lawsuit to seek compensation, Florida law typically gives you four years from the date of the truck accident to file a lawsuit. However, given that so many truck accidents involve fatalities, many trucking accident claims are actually wrongful death lawsuits.
The statute of limitations is different for a wrongful death lawsuit. While personal injury lawsuits filed by the injured party have a four-year statute of limitations, Florida law places a two-year statute of limitations on wrongful death claims. The clock on a wrongful death lawsuit begins ticking on the date of the deceased’s death. An experienced truck accident lawyer in Delray Beach can give you more information.
Contact Our Delray Beach Truck Accident Attorneys
If you need assistance filing a truck accident claim, do not wait to get in touch with one of the experienced Delray Beach truck accident lawyers at our firm. We can assess your case today and discuss your options for filing a claim. Whether you suffered injuries in a trucking collision or lost a loved one in a large truck crash, we can help you to seek the financial compensation you deserve. Contact Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers to get started.
Háblenos más sobre su caso
Póngase en contacto con nosotros hoy mismo para la evaluación gratuita de su caso
Entradas recientes del blog
Si los tribunales no tomaran decisiones basadas en la evidencia, no podrían reclamar la justicia. La gente recurre a juicios para resolver …
Lo que los Floridanos Deben Saber Sobre las Demandas de Responsabilidad Civil por Productos de Talco en Polvo
El polvo de talco es una excelente manera de proteger su piel del calor de la Florida, como lo saben todos los …
Conducir un camión es un trabajo notoriamente peligroso. Piense en la cantidad de práctica que se necesita para cambiar de carril o …